FFXIV 6.18 Job changes Buff Tanks, Ranged DPS In PVP; Season Rewards
It’s never been a better moment to join competitive multiplayer in Final Fantasy XIV. The FFXIV 618 Job changes are a great way to balance out PVP. We have all the details about how PVP was adjusted thanks to the full HTMLXIV 6.18 patch notes. This includes tweaks to Frontline as well as the new season of Crystalline Conflict.
Patch 6.1 changed the way Jobs worked in PVP. However, it needed additional balancing. We saw this in 6.11 as well as 6.11a. Surprisingly FFXIV 6.18 includes many more adjustments. Most of these are potency tweaks. Depending on the Job you are using in PVP, there are some important changes you should be aware of.
To learn more about PVP, visit our Crystalline Conflict guide for more information. Or use our Job tier list for more details on each Job. Here is the complete FFXIV 618 Job change list.
Three tanks have been buff in some way, but the most prominent one is Dark Knight’s Eventide. It does actual damage now. Others get slight potency increases. Sorry Paladins, this time you will get less than nothing.
- Holy Sheltron Damage reduction has been reduced by 20% to 15% with the Knight’s Resolve effect.
- Onslaught – Base potency increased by 400 to 500, and max potency rose from 4,000 to 5, 000.
- Orogeny – Base potency increased by 800 to 1,000, and max potency increased by 8,000 to 10,000
- Bloodspiller – Base potency increased from 4,000 to 6,000 Action now has max potency at 25% HP or less (previously, 20% or lower).
- Eventide – Base potency increased from 1 up to 10,000
- Burst Strike – Potency rose from 6,000 to 7.000
- Hypervelocity Normal potency rose from 2,000 to 3,00,000.
- Junction DPS damage potential increased from 4,000 up to 5,000
- Junction Tank Barrier potency increased from 5,00 to 6,00
- Junction Healer cure power increased from 3,000 up to 4,000